The main cause of heel pain is plantar fasciitis, otherwise called heel spur syndrome, which is an inflammation of the plantar fascia which stretches from the heel to the toes. It is characterized by piercing and sharp pain in the heel or in the bottom of the foot when standing or walking, and the pain is most intense in the morning and it decreases during the day.
Moreover, the pain can become even worse if you stand for a longer period of time.
Plantar fasciitis can have a huge impact on your day-to-day activities. Therefore, you need to reduce the symptoms and discomfort with these 10 easy-to-follow home remedies:
- Wrap your foot in aluminum foil and put a cotton sock on. Repeat the procedure for 1-1/2 months in order to treat this issue.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with 50 ml of iodine and one teaspoon of sea salt in a jar. Stir well. The prepared amount will be enough for 5 treatments. Apply the mixture on a cotton piece of cloth and then to your, secure it with a piece of cellophane. The compress needs to stay overnight, in order to provide better effects. In the morning, try to walk with the compress on your foot for about 15 minutes and then remove it.
- Another effective procedure is to add some salt in a linen bag and heat it in the oven. Apply the warm compress to your foot in the evening and leave it on until it cools down. This treatment should be done for 10 days.
- You need to put one teaspoon of honey on a cabbage leaf and apply it to your foot. Allow it to act overnight. In the morning, rinse it off with warm water. The treatment should be repeated 3 times.
- Shred one carrot and put it on a piece of cellophane to make a healing compress. Apply it on your foot, secure it with a bandage and leave it thus overnight. It is normal if you feel a slight prickling sensation, as it is a sign that the treatment is working. You will manage to get rid of plantar fasciitis only after a couple of treatments.
- Crush 4 analgin tablets and 4 aspirin tablets and mix them with 100 ml iodine. Let the mixture stay for 24h and then apply it to your foot.
- You can relieve pain by regularly and slightly tapping your foot against the floor a few times. In this way, you will improve your blood flow and the calcium metabolism. Moreover, you can try and gently rub the foot on the carpet in order to boost the blood circulation and relieve pain.
- Take a few fresh plantain leaves, turn them on the upper side and apply them to the painful foot. When they are dry, you need to replace them and apply new ones. After four days, the pain will disappear.
- In a cotton sock, put the shredded pieces of a black radish, and put it on. Leave the sock thus overnight. In the morning, wash your foot with warm water. Repeat the treatment three days in a row, and the pain will be significantly relieved.
- In the case of unbearable pain, use potato compresses. Wash the potato well, shred it together with its skin and put the pieces in a sock. Apply the compress on your foot and wrap a piece of cellophane to prevent the liquid from the potato to leak out. Repeat the procedure for 7-8 days and change the compress every day. Furthermore, you can put raw potato slices in a cotton sock. Put the potato slices under your foot and press them to it.