10 Reasons to Keep Coconut Oil in Your Bathroom
It is very important for you to keep coconut oil in your bathroom always and for it to form a major part of your daily beauty routine.
The nutrients of this amazing oil will help nourish your skin leaving it soft, smooth and supple.
Here are the 10 Reasons why you should have coconut oil in your bathroom:
1. Use As Effective Skin Moisturizer
It will nourish your skin to leave it soft and smooth while getting rid of scars and even stretch marks. It penetrate your skin pores and cleans it of dirt while reducing its oil shine.
2. Use Coconut Oil For Oil Pulling
You can use coconut oil as an effective oil pulling ingredient. It will help you get rid of harmful toxins and plaque forming bacteria from your mouth.
- Just swish two tablespoons of coconut oil in your mouth in the morning and prior to breakfast.
- Spit out and don’t swallow as it would have packed up bacteria.
- You can then brush your teeth, also use coconut oil to brush your teeth instead of your regular toothpaste.
3. Use As A Potent Hair Treatment
Coconut oil can be used either before or after your hair is washed.
It will reduce protein-loss for your damaged hair as well as hair that is still in order.
- Just use 1/2 a tablespoon of coconut oil, although this could be increased depending on the volume of your hair.
- Next you should apply the oil from the ends to the roots.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Afterwards wash your hair as normal.
4. It Is Effective In Frizzy Hair Care
Your hair can be prevented from being frizzed when you apply coconut oil to it especially if you have dry and curly hair, however don’t use too much coconut oil as it will become greasy.
5. Use It In Shaving
Use coconut oil as a shaving companion and also as an after shaving moisturising cream. Its antimicrobial properties will help prevent rashes and other skin irritation.
6. Dealing With Toenail Fungus Using Coconut Oil
It is known that coconut oil can destroy fungal cell membrane. What happens is that fatty acids will permeate the cell membrane disrupting its activities leading to the cell being destroyed.
- Just rub in coconut oil on the affected region.
- Allow it to be absorbed into the area and to dry.
- Use this treatment 2 to 3 times daily for it to be effective.
7. Use As An Effective Eye Makeup Remover
Coconut oil will help you remove your eye makeup easier, just apply in your face then wash off and the makeup will be dissolved.
8. Coconut Oil Is Useful In Your Nail Management
By rubbing coconut oil on your hands and in particular your fingers and cuticles you will help protect your nails from fungal infection.
9. Use Coconut Oil To Soothe Minor
You can soothe your minor burns and irritation caused by rashes when you apply coconut oil to the troubled spot. You can also mix coconut oil with tea tree oil which is an essential oil with antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Mix about 1 to 2 drops of tea tree oil with some coconut oil then apply the mixture to your troubled spot.
10. Use Coconut Oil As A Massage Lotion
Coconut oil can be used as a soothing massage oil to help you relax and relieve you of stress as it is rubbed in.