The body must never be acidic because an acidic environment is an unhealthy one where yeast, bacteria and illneses thrive. When the body is too acidic, it will extract minerals from important organs and bones in order to neutralize the acid and eliminate it from the body. As a result, the mineral reserves of the body like potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium can become very low and can cause damage which can be undetected for years, until its levels become so unhealthy, causing acidosis.
Acidic forming foods are sugar, meats, grains and dairy. However, our body is constantly generating acidic waste which needs to be neutralized or eliminated. For that purpose, our body needs to incorporate alkaline foods.
Health problems which are caused by mild acidosis:
- Immune deficiency
- Inflamed and sensitive gums, cavities
- Respiratory problems, coughing, shortness of breath
- Stiff neck, lumbago, sciatica
- Chronic fatigue and low energy
- Yeast fungal overgrowth
- Heart problems, increased heart rate, arrhythmias
- Cardiovascular damage, like reduction in oxygen and constriction of blood vessels
- Diabetes, obesity and weight gain
- Accelerated free radical damage
- Kidney and bladder infections
- Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea
- Premature aging
- Sleepiness, confusion, headaches
- Bone spurs, hip fractures, weak brittle bones, osteoporosis
- Acne, allergies
- Lactic acid buildup, aching muscles, joint pain
Can the Body Adjust pH levels on Its Own?
The body can adjust pH levels on its own, but it comes with a price. Apart from the stomach, the normal pH level for all fluids and tissues in the body is alkaline, and all bodily systems have wide range of pH, except for blood. The blood’s pH needs to be from 7.35 to 7.45. For example, if the system becomes overly acidic, the blood can take alkaline forming elements from the small intestine. But there is a consequence, It compromises proper digestion.
You Need to Know Your pH
You can get a numeric representation of your pH by pH testing. A healthy pH should range from 6.75 to 7.25. The perfect reading is 7.36.
The Foods’ Taste Will Tell You If It IS Acidic or Not
Even though lemons have acidic taste, they are alkaline forming food. When digested, the acids are oxidized into water and carbon dioxide, and don’t create acid in the system.
The main alkalizing minerals are sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron and calcium. You should know that foods rich in minerals are alkaline forming foods. The majority of foods have both, alkaline and acid minerals in them, but if the concentration of acid is higher, the food is considered acidic and conversely.
The Body Has Its Own Limits
Our body has its own limits about the amount it can compensate for acid imbalance, which is why it is realy important to consume alkaline food in order to maintain proper alkaline-acid balance. Numerous diseases occur as a consequence of the attempt of the body to rebalance.
If the diet includes foods which are acid forming such as meats, grains, sugars and dairy, the body becomes too acidic. On the other hand, the consumption of alkaline forming foods like sea vegetables, fruits and green in abundance can make the body too alkaline. You need to balance.
The Body Has Different Response to Every Food
Your dominant constitutional type instructs your body to have different reactions to different foods. For instance, if you are more dominant to oxidative, you should avoid veggies and fruits because they make your body acidic, while proteins make it more alkaline. On the other hand, if your dominant types is autonomic system (ANS), your body becomes acidic when eating proteins and alkaline when eating fruits and vegetables.
Improve Your Alkalinity in This Way
- Do regular check-ups on your pH level
- Stay away from acidic foods
- Drink lots of water
- Eat green salad for lunch
- Avoid processed foods
- Use collard greens and lettuce leaves as wraps
- Stop consuming coffee, sugars and soda. Drink green drinks, herbal coffee and herbal tea instead.
- Consume almond or coconut milk instead of dairy milks
- Add smoothies and green juices to your diet
What You Eat Makes a Difference
As you can realize on your own, what you eat impacts your health a great deal. You can choose whther your food is medicine, or poison for your body.