25 ETIQUETTE RULES THAT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW
Good manners or etiquette is a term used to describe appropriate and polite behavior. Sadly, a huge number of people believe that following this protocol of behavior as shameful and unrealistic because they are often followed by elitists.
As a matter of fact, the principles of etiquette are quite simple. This customary code includes common courtesy, culture of proper speech, neat and clean appearance and restraining emotions. We will now highlight a list of etiquette rules that are a must for every individual who respects themselves and others.
1. In case you invite someone out, this means that you will take care of the bill. But, this rule applies only if say “I’ll take you out on a dinner”. In case you say that you’ve been thinking about how you were wondering if anyone wants to go to a restaurant, then this means that every person should pay for the food and drinks they have.
2. You should never visit someone at their home without making a call. In case you appear on their front door all of a sudden, you may find them in their pajamas or bathrobe.
3. Never place your smartphone or tablet on the table when you are out. This gesture shows that your smartphone is more important than the meeting you have and people may think that you are bored. Most people will be offended if you are checking Facebook’s news feed while they are talking. That’s rude!
4. Don’t ask a woman on a date in case you are planning to make calls and send text messages all the time.
5. Men should never carry a woman’s bag. On the other hand, they may take her coat and leave it in the cloakroom.
6. In case you are having a walk with any person (partner, friend, relative, coworker etc.) and your companion says Hello to someone you don’t know, you should say hello too.
7. The vast majority of people think that sushi must be eaten with the help of chopsticks. But, this is not always the case. Men can consume sushi with the help of their hands.
8. Make sure that your footwear is always clean.
9. Don’t get involved in empty conversations on your phone. In case you feel that you need to hang out with your friends, simply go out and meet them.
10. In case you get offended by someone, you should not offend them back or start talking louder. You are better than them. Simply smile and leave the scene.
11. A man with good manners must walk on the left hand side of their female companion. The only exception is military men because they salute with the right hand.