6 Amazing Ways To Heal Cracked Feet
In some cases, cracked heels are just a cosmetic problem, while in other cases they are extremely painful condition. People that struggle with cracked heels always try to find ways to hide them so they get uncomfortable while walking. Due to the pain in your heels and uncomfortable shoes you tend to walk strange so everyone is asking you what’s stopping you from walking comfortably. There are different causes for cracked heels like dry weather in winter or your dry skin. However, the major factor is probably not paying much attention to your heels. If you are dealing with this problem, do not panic since there are some homemade remedies that will help you get rid of cracked and painful heels.
Remedies for cracked feet
- Brown Sugar Scrub for Cracked Feet
You need to do some scrub on your cracked heels so the best solution for you is brown sugar. Its smaller and gentler granules can be used to scrub away the dead skin cells and your feet will get new, soft and healthier skin which is crack-free. Moreover, brown sugar is really beneficial because it contains glycolic acid which can fight off bacterial infection, and it can give you younger and smooth skin by helping in new cell turnover. It should be mentioned that brown sugar is humectant which is why it attracts moisture from surrounding environment and lock it in your skin, thus making your heels soft, smooth and free of cracks.
Homemade Brown Sugar Scrub for Cracked Feet
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Brown sugar- 2tbsp
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Prepare a combination of lemon juice, honey, brown sugar and olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients well until you get a thick sticky paste like consistency.
- Take the warm water in a basin.
- Soak your feet in this warm water and keep them for 10 minutes.
- After that, apply some of the brown sugar scrub on one of your feet and rub in circular motion.
- Rub your heel until the sugar granules melt away.
- Repeat the procedure with the other foot.
- In the end, wash your feet with warm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week and then once a week.
- Petroleum Jelly- Lemon Juice Foot Mask for Cracked Feet
Petroleum jelly is in fact a byproduct of petroleum and it is most commonly known by its brand name Vaseline. It is actually oil-based emollient which will repel the water therefore it prevents your skin from drying put. Vaseline will help you fill in the gaps in between skin cells just like the cracks in your feet. This is the reason why your skin becomes so soft and hydrated. You can also prepare an amazing combination of petroleum jelly with lemon juice which will slough off the dead skin. Lemon is very beneficial for cracked heels since its acetic properties will exfoliate your feet to drop off dead skin cells and replace it with new soft and smooth skin.
How to Make Petroleum Jelly Foot Mask with Lemon Juice?
- Petroleum jelly- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- from 1 lemon
- First of all soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes.
- After that, dry your feet properly.
- Prepare the mixture of petroleum jelly and lemon juice.
- Apply this solution to your feet, filling in the cracks with this mixture.
- Rub this mixture for several minutes.
- You are allowed to use some more mixture to fill up the cracks in your heels.
- Allow the mixture to stay for several hours. The best time to apply this healing mixture is in the evening before going to bed. Put a pair of socks on your feet in order to protect your sheets and sleep it off..
- Wash off in the morning.
- Essential Oils for Cracked Feet
Essential oils are very beneficial for many skin problems, so cracked heels are not an exception. Make sure to use essential oils for dry skin because it will moisturize your heels and it will make them soft and smooth. Moreover, you should use essential oils that have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties since cracks in your feet are sometimes cause by infections.
Foot Soak with Essential Oils Blend
- Lemon oil- 2-3 drops
- Boiled water- ½ bucket
- Peppermint oil- 2-3 drops
- Tea tree oil- 2-3 drops
- Eucalyptus oil- 2-3 drops
Pour the hot water in a foot basin and let it cool down.
When the water gets to a room temperature, add all the oils into the water.
After that, soak your feet in it for 20 to 30 minutes.
The best time to perform this method is in the evening before you go to bed since it will help you relax, but most importantly, your feet will get excellently moisturized. This will fight off foot infections too.
- Cooked Rice Water for Cracked Feet
Not only the cooked rice is very good exfoliating agent for cracked heels, but also the water can help you a great deal with this problem. This water is commonly known as rice starch. It is rich in vitamins C, A, E, phosphorus, zinc, folate, etc. Rice water may help you in promoting growth of new cells which will give you soft smooth feet, due to the vitamins contained in it. In some cases, cracked heels occur due to zinc and Omega -3 fatty acids deficiency, which is why you need to use rice water. In this way, the skin will absorb some zinc that is present in rice water.
How to Use Cooked Rice Water for Cracked Feet?
- Cooked rice water- 5-6 cups
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
All you have to do is to boil rice in water in order to get starchy water. Once the rice is cooked, strain the water and save it to use for cracked heels.
Pour the water in feet basin.
Add baking soda in it because it will help you exfoliate skin and slough off the dead skin.
Make sure to soak your feet in it while it is still warm.
Allow them to stay for 15 to 20 minutes.
In the end, wash off your feet with plain water, pat dry and apply some moisturizer.
Repeat this daily initially and then 1-2 times a week.
- Patchouli Essential Oil for Cracked Feet
This essential oil is derived from the leaves of the Patchouli plant and it is very beneficial for our skin since it contains cicatrisant and cytophylastic properties. We can use it in the healing process of cuts and wounds due to the cicatrisant properties contained in it. Moreover, it can help you get rid of scars. On the other hand, cytophylastic properties help in regenerating new skin cells to give younger, smooth skin. As you can realize on your own, all these amazing properties of patchouli essential oil can help you in the treatment of cracked heels. All you have to do is to blend this oil with other essential oils and soak your feet into the mixture. Lavender oil too has cicatrisant properties, tea tree oil fights of fungal and bacterial infection and rose oil provides good moisturization.
Make Foot Soak with Patchouli and Other Essential Oils
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Tea tree essential oil- 4 drops
- Rose essential oil – 2 drops
- Patchouli essential oil- 2-3 drops
- Lavender essential oil- 4 drops
- Pour some warm water in a foot basin.
- Add all the essential oils into the water.
- Soak your feet in this solution for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Repeat daily, preferably at night before going to bed.
- Once you get rid of cracked feet, repeat this once in a week.
- Diet Remedies for Cracked Feet
If you want to walk comfortably without experiencing any pain, your feet are very important so you need to pay more attention to them, especially to your heels. You need to use essential oils in order to keep them healthy and smooth. Cracked heels can occur due to deficiency of certain nutrients like zinc, vitamins A, C and E, essential fatty acids, etc. As a result, you need to use some home remedies as well as to improve your diet and include more foods like vegetables and fruits.
What Foods to Eat to Get Rid of Cracked Feet?
Vitamin E- Leafy green vegetables, nuts, and whole grains.
Vitamin A- Carrots, goat milk, green vegetables and orange fruits like papaya.
Vitamin C- Lemon, oranges, papaya, cauliflower, guava, berries.
Zinc – Shellfish, sardines, beef, cheese.
Essential fatty acids- Nuts and seeds like linseed, sesame seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, oily fish, avocado, olive oil, etc.
Water- Make sure to drink enough water on a daily basis in order to properly hydrate your body and prevent cracked heels. Drink at least 2 liters per day.