Blend Turmeric + Ginger With Coconut Milk. Drink Before Bed To Flush Liver Toxins While You Sleep
When you hear about golden milk, you may assume that the recipe is going to be about dairy, but that is not the case. Continue reading this article to find out about the properties of golden milk
Whan On Earth Is Golden Milk?
Golden milk is a delicious and healthy drink made out of the combination of spices and herbs with coconut milk and coconut oil added to the mixture. You can consume it anytime of the day, although the best time to drink this beverage is in the morning when you wake up.
Its original name is Haldi ka doodh, which means turmeric milk. Golden milk originates from India, and it was used by the Ayurvedic system of healing, because of its anti-inflammatory, healthy blood sugar, detoxification and many many more health benefits.
This beverage is considered to be extremely beneficial for your liver since it helps it to detoxify itself before going to sleep. Here are some of the many health benefits of golden milk.
What’s in Golden Milk?
It is a mixture of coconut milk, coconut oil, turmeric, ginger root and black pepper. Adding honey is optional. The wide variety of health benefits that golden milk offers to its drinkers is due to turmeric which is the most notable and powerful spice. Beside turmeric, coconut oil, milk, ginger root and black pepper as well have many health benefits.
Traditionally, this mixture is made as a milk and heated up, but you can also make pastes, teas and many other variations in order to add it to meals or simply store it in the fridge and drink it whenever you want. Let’s look at some of the great health benefits of golden milk and what ailments its been used to help in medicine.
We will show you the benefits of each ingredient in order to see how potent is this beverage and why it can help you keep your body healthy.
Ancient medicine has been using this spice for many health problems such as: treating liver disease, respiratory problems, gastrointestinal problems, skin disorders, muscle and joint pain etc. due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, turmeric is highly beneficial for chronic disease and autoimmune disease where inflammation is prominent.
Moreover, it helps to improve and stabilize blood sugar, treat food allergies and intolerancies, detoxify the liver from environmental toxins, can prevent degenerative cognitive innlesses such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. The best thing is that can help in the treatment of cancer and depression.
- Coconut milk. It is abundant in vitamin B, magnesium, electrolytes and a source of fatty acids that can combat weight gain, promote joint health and stabilize blood sugar.
- Coconut oil has many health benefits including healthy immune system, healthy heart, digestion, healthy weight, and may prevent liver and kidney disease. Moreover, it is effective wound healer, moisturizer and overal beauty BFF.
- Ginger combats nausea, helps digestion and helps ease cold symptoms. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, can relieve muscle pain, ease menstrual pain, helps with blood sugar, etc.
- Honey due to its anti-bacterial properties, promotes healing, cold relief, treats allergies and can aid with sleep and relaxation.
- Black pepper helps ease cold symptoms, aids digestion, fights anemia and combats free radicals. It is also an adjuvant to absorb turmeric
How to prepare it
All you need are the ingredients listed above to prepare this simple recipe. You can replace the coconut milk with other type of milk but it is not recommended to use dairy since it can be responsible for a wide range of health problems including acne, eczema, irritable bowel syndrome, or you could have an alergic reaction to lactose, which can result in breathing problems.
Golden Milk Recipe:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cups of coconut milk
- Pinch of black pepper
- A small piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and minced.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
Blend all the ingredients together, put the mixture in a saucepan to heat up for about 5 minutes and then drink it.
The best time to consume it is in the morning or before going to bed since it will help your body detoxify, decrease inflammation, promote healing and many other health benefits that this delicious beverage can provide.