The safe licking cats actually can have serious consequences, for that are aware that most people why kept animals.
An example of this can be found in the case of Jansen Walters from the US, when a dramatic night she woke up and realized that she had lost her sight after the saliva from the cat and entered the eye.
Jansen a month visited doctors who could not understand the reason for her sudden blindness in the left eye.
When she explained her doctors that one night the cat licked her face, managed to solve the mystery, because blindness was caused by a bacterial infection.
The disease is spread through the saliva from the cat bites, scratches or fur, and generally most exposed are the children because it can lead to blindness and other serious complications.
Doctors advise obligatory hand washing with antibacterial soap after playing with pets.