- Meal:Side Dish
- Main Ingredients: shallots,parsley,garlic
This easy recipe pairs with grilled lean meat or chicken and barely alters the protein’s low calorie status. You could even use it to jazz up grilled vegetables and give them an Argentinean flair.
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley (or cilantro, or both depending on your preference)
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
Put the first six ingredients together into a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Whiz in the oil, vinegar and water, pulsing to keep texture in the sauce. This easy recipe makes about 2 ½ cups of chimichurri sauce – great for storing! You’ll only need to use 2 tablespoons or so to spice up your dinner plate and keep it low calorie.