Coconut Water Kefir Can Help Heal The Gut, Improve Immune Function And Prevent Cancer. Here Is How To Make It!
Coconut water kefir is an unbelievably rich probiotic drink which also contains really high amounts of minerals, electrolytes and vitamins. Basically, it is fermented coconut water. Vitamins and minerals that are contained in coconut water include vitamins A,C, B6, E, K, beta carotene, Thiamin, Niacin, Riboflavin, folates and pantothenic acid. The fact that this drink does not contain the problematic substances that regular dairy has such as lactose and casein, makes it better and more important than regular kefir. This just means that your body will process these probiotic benefits better. Coconut water kefir has a much more potent effect on the digestive system than any dairy probiotic food such a yogurt, so that’s why it is considered as one of the most beneficial probiotic beverage.
A lot of people cannot handle the acid formed by the dairy. Moreover, the main minerals or electolytes contained in coconut water are the same as those found in human blood.
Health Benefits of coconut water kefir
- Improves vision
- Clears the skin
- Eases PMS
- Stops sugar cravings
- Aids in digestion
- Has a cleansing effect on the endocrine system
- Strenghtens the immune system
- Destroys pathogenic yeasts in the body
- More efficient metabolism
- Increases energy
- Great source of dietary minerals such as potassium, natural sodium and chloride
- Enhances hydration
How to Make Coconut Water Kefir
Here are the 3 ways in which you can prepare your own coconut ater kefir:
- Use kefir grains
- Use existing kefir as a starter
- Use a kefir started culture
Making water kefir with grains is the best way and my favorite. All you need are kefir grains (either water or milk kefir grains). Since the grains multiply fast, it means that you’ll always have them on hand and it is more economical for you.
- 5 tablespoons water kefir grains
- 7 cups fresh coconut water
- 1 ceylon cinnamon stick
- Take ½ gallon jar and add 7 cups of coconut water in it.
- Then place the water kefir grains in the coconut water, cover loosely and allow it to sit for 48 hours (no longer). Do not let it ferment for long since it might explode.
- Once fermented, you will notice that the coconut water will become cloudy and lighter in color. When the kefir grains are done culturing, they will rise up to the top. Remove the kefir grains when the culturing process is complete.
- Grains can be used immediately for a new batch of you can store them in water in the fridge.
As you can see, it is very simple to prepare and it’s so good for your health.