This article is a story about a woman from Ohio who loved spending time with her cat which usually licked her face. Unfortunately, out of nowhere, she has gone blind in one eye. This happened because her lovely pet has transmitted her a disease known as “cat scratch “. This strange disease causes an inflammation of the blood vessels and eye infection.
Mrs. Walters explains, “I woke up the next day and I could not see through my left eye. I thought I had conjunctivitis.”
Feeling desperate, she went to the hospital right away where the doctors performed certain examinations. What they discovered was that she has suffered from an infection called “cat scratch“. This terrible infection occurs when one of these pets carries a bacteria carried through saliva or fur infection. The most severe case would be if this infection stays in the liver which in the end will produce collapse of the blood vessels of the eye or even cause meningitis. The saddest part is that this condition is irreversible.
Disease May Be Transmitted Easily
According to some statistics, this terrible infection can be transmitted via 40% of cats in homes. Moreover, the Center for Disease Control claims that even though this disease is harmless to cats, it is extremely dangerous to our health.
In other words, you need to be extremely cautious and always wash your hands after playing with cats. Most importantly, never allow them to lick your face or open wounds. Even though this woman had lost sight on one eye, she is still grateful that it didn’t transmit to her other eye.