EAT THIS FRUIT EVERY DAY FOR GOOD BLOOD AND FIGHT INTESTINAL PROBLEMS
We can easily say that pomegranates are one of the healthiest fruits on earth. You should also know that pomegranates contain a range of beneficial plant compounds, unrivaled by other foods.Many studies have shown that they haveincredible benefits for your body, and may lower the risk of all sorts of diseases! This fruit is categorized as a berry and it’s about 5-12 cm (2-5 inches) in diameter.It is red, round and looks kind of like a red apple with a flower-shaped stem.The skin of the pomegranate is thick and inedible, but there are hundreds of edible seeds called arils within. And, we all know that the arils are what we eat, either raw or processed into pomegranate juice.
Pomegranate – Facts You Must Know:
The pomegranate is a fruit that contains hundreds of edible seeds called arils. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and bioactive plant compounds, but they also contain some sugar.The pomegranate arils (seeds) are also very sweet, with one cup containing 24 grams of sugar, and 144 calories. The experts say that there are two unique substances in pomegranates that are responsible for most of their health benefits.Punicalagins are extremely powerful antioxidants found in the juice and peel of a pomegranate.They are so powerful that pomegranate juice has been found to have three times the antioxidant activity of red wine and green tea.Pomegranate extract and powder is typically made from the peel, due to its high antioxidant and punicalagin content. And, punicic acid, also known as pomegranate seed oil, is the main fatty acid in the arils.
Pomegranate – Health Benefits:
- It is a good source of soluble and insoluble dietary fibers; providing about 4 grams per 100 g (about 12% of RDA). Dietary fiber aid in smooth digestion and bowel movements.
- This super healthy fruit is also good for weight reduction and cholesterol controlling programs. Regular inclusion of fruits in the diet boosts immunity, improves circulation, and offers protection from cancers.
- The experts say that punicalagin and tannins can be effective in reducing heart-disease risk factors by scavenging harmful free radicals from the human body.
- You should also know that pomegranate is a good source of antioxidant vitamin-C, provides about 17% per 100 g of daily requirement. Consumption of fruits rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents by boosting immunity.
- Regular consumption of pomegranate has also been found to be effective against prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia, diabetes, and lymphoma.
- Pomegranate is also a good source of many vital B-complex groups of vitamins such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5), folates, pyridoxine and vitamin K, and minerals like calcium, copper, potassium, and manganese.
The experts also say that pomegranate has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which are largely mediated by the antioxidant properties of the punicalagins. We all know that high blood pressure (hypertension) is one of the leading drivers of heart attacks and strokes. A recent study has revealed that people with high blood pressure had a significant reduction after consuming 150 ml (5 oz.) of pomegranate juice daily for 2 weeks.Other studies have found similar effects, especially for systolic blood pressure (the higher number in a blood pressure reading). And, heart disease is currently the world’s most common cause of premature death. This is a complicated disease, driven by many different factors.Punicic acid, the main fatty acid in pomegranate, may help protect against several steps in the heart disease process.
Well, that’s it! As you can see, this super healthy fruit is loaded with healthy nutrients and it can provide many health benefits. This means that you should consume pomegranate every day! We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You and have a good one!