Modern and fast lifestyles, as well as bad diet habits, are culprits for stomach acid occurrence. This happens as a result of increasing the stomach acid, which causes stinging sensation in the stomach and in the upper chest area. Pregnant women and older people are groups that are the most affected by the occurrence of this health condition.
Stomach pain, bloating, belching and intestinal gases, food, and acids in the oral cavity, nausea with or without vomiting, taste of stomach acids in the mouth are among the commonest symptoms of stomach acids. Other symptoms you might encounter are feeling of discomfort in the stomach, constipation or diarrhea and increased appetite.
You can successfully treat stomach acids at home.
- Make sure you always chew the food very well.
- Do not go to sleep immediately after having a meal.
- Always eat in a sitting position.
- Improve the structure of your meals by consuming different types of foods that are well balanced with one another.
- Never overeat!
- Avoid consuming fatty foods and foods for which your digestive system has hard time digesting.
Another very important thing is for you to try and avoid alcohol beverages, cigarettes and coffee for at least certain period of time.
In case of increased stomach acid, the organism needs to be obtained with sugar, water and mineral salts. The simplest and probably most efficient way to achieve this is consuming apple juice, orange juice and other fruit juices sweetened with honey, in huge quantities.
- Ginger is of great importance when it comes to absorbing the over-secreted stomach acids.
- Dates, papaya, baked apples.
- Potato juice is also very efficient against stomach acids (squeeze little bit of potato juice and mix it with some water. Leave the mixture to stand still throughout the night and drink it the next morning in combination with aloe Vera juice)
- Carrots, cabbages and apples.
- Nettle, anis, thyme and mint.
- Almonds (consume a handful of almonds and the stomach acid will be withdrawn half an hour after consuming the almonds.)
Attention: If by any chance you suffer from the following symptoms alongside the stomach acids: nausea, dizziness, vomiting with blood, chest pain that spreads in the neck and arms, then it is mandatory to visit and consult your doctor.