With its ability to reduce inflammation, improve digestion and boost immunity, ginger is rightfully thought of as the most powerful food of the 21st century. Its rich in many essential oils that give it flavor and aroma like gingerol, shogaol and zingerone. They are very powerful anti-parasitic, anti-viral and anti-bacterial agents that relieve pain and help with cardiovascular diseases, asthma, etc.
Ginger tea benefits
- It treats the viruses that might cause colds, influenza or cold sores.
- It relieves pain and is very effective in the process of curing cold, flue, sore muscles or headache.
- It is rich in antioxidants which foster the immune system and prevent the body of infections.
- Its warming features improve circulation and support the vitamins, minerals and oxygen delivery in the body.
- It lowers the risk of getting a heart attack.
Ginger tea recipe
- Water- 1 cup
- Coconut milk
- Organic honey
- Ground ginger- ¼ teaspoon
- Ground turmeric- ¼ teaspoon
The preparation of this tea is very simple. Boil the water and add the ginger and turmeric in it. Let it simmer for 7-10 minutes and after that add the milk. Remove from heat and pour the liquid in a cup. Optionally, you can also add some flavor. Enjoy this healthy tea!