In this article we will present you a story that will probably sound familiar to you. It is a story about Shelly cooper, a woman who was overweight for most of her life. Eventhough she went through many different diet plans that promised quick results, nothing changed. During the 2 pregnancies, Shelly developed gestational diabetes and a few years later she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. She was prescribed with numerous different diabetes drugs, but all of them made her feel sick every day and she finally had enough.
Shelly Cooper said:
“After feeling unwell for so long, I refused to take any more medication. I told my doctor I was going to try and cure my diabetes through diet. And, he laughed at me.”
Nevertheless, that did not stop Shelly from trying some natural ways to treat her illness. After she decided to treat diabetes naturally, she switched to a plant-based diet with a lot of raw vegetables and fruits. In order to maintain a healthy diet, Shelly followed advice from the Forks Over Knives documentary, and from plant-based physicians such as Dr. John McDougall from Santa Rosa, California and Dr. T. Colin Campbell from New York state! Both of them have written a book on nutrition: “Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition” and “The McDougall Program: 12 Days to Dynamic Health.
As you can imagine, the results were amazing. Shelly was feeling much better in her 50s and much healthier than in her 30s. Moreover, she is now more energized, she lost weight and most importantly, her A1C level (level of blood sugar) is back to normal. This means that her diabetes is all gone. The good news is that she is not the only one that managed to cure type 2 diabetes, but Forks Over Knives has collected dozens of success stories from ordinary people as well.
Note: if you want to reverse diabetes naturally, here are few tips that may be able to help.
Tips on Reversing Diabetes Naturally
According to a famous doctor and physician Dr. Josh Axe, type 2 diabetes is completely reversible and it can be done in under 30 days. Type 1 diabetes can also be greatly improved. In order to improve type 1 diabetes which is an autoimmune disorder, you should follow these advices:
- First of all, you must detoxify your organism from heavy metals and get rid of viruses.
- Next, you should definitely avoid GMO foods, soy, cow’s milk and wheat.
- And yes, heal leaky gut and autoimmune issues.
To reverse type 2 diabetes, which is a metabolic disorder caused by high blood sugar levels, it is recommended to do the following:
- Definitely avoid or eliminate refained sugars, GMOs corn, canola, soy, alcohol, and non- RAW cow’s milk.
- Make sure to get rid of hydrogenated oils (vegetable, soybean, cottonseed, and canola oils), which are a source of highly dangerous trans fats.
- Axe advices to include more fiber foods into your diet: avocados, nuts, berries, seeds and vegetables.
- You should always eat foods rich in chromium, such as RAW cheese, broccoli, green beans, and grass-fed beef.
- He also suggests to incorporate coconut oil into your diet because it will help you balance your blood sugar levels.
- Always try to eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like wild-cought fish, pastured eggs, chia seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts and many more. Omega 3s will help lessen inflammation caused by high blood sugar.
- Remember to always choose low glycemic foods such as: RAW dairy, wild-cought fish, organic meat and eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, coconut and avocados.
- You should also add dietary supplement to your wellness routine that help balance blood sugar levels. Dr. Axe recommends Chromium Picolinate, cinnamon, fish oil, alpha-lipoic acid, and fiber powder.
- Make sure to exercise on a daily basis. Yes, a 20 or 30-minute walk after a meal every day, and 20-40 minutes of cardio training 3-5 days a week has been shown beneficial.
Habits That Help You Prevent Diabetes:
- In order to prevent diabetes, you should always consume organic vegetables or fruits of every color as they all have different nutrients and plant-rich diet has been shown to be a great preventative.
- Never use plastics when you can avoid them because some chemicals in them such as phthalates, have been linked with an increased diabetes risk. These chemicals are also found in beauty products. Avoid products that contain “fragrance.”
- Axe suggests you to start doing some yoga because according to one study in India, people who did yoga had stable blood sugar levels.
- Make sure to sleep at least 8 hours every day because many different studies have shown that a person’s blood sugar level jumps about 23% after a night of poor sleep.
- Take care of your emotional well-being. Depression and diabetes commonly go hand in hand.