How Drinking Enough Water According To Your Weight Can Cut Your Colon Cancer Risk In Half
We all know that if we don’t drink water for some period of time, we will die. However, people only drink half of the recommended 8 cups per day that doesn’t even take into account the two most important factors that play a huge role in how much water you should drink: body mass and exercise.
Our body is composed of roughly 60% water, so when we don’t drink enough water for some period of time, we are affecting the function of the majority of our body.
You shall drink water because of Next 10 benefits you gain by drinking it:
1. Prevent cancer. According to many scientific studies, the consumption of water on a regular basis and in proper amounts can reduce the risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50%, and possibly reduce breast cancer risk as well.
2. Improves mood. Dehydration can also affect your mood and it will make you feel grumpy and confused. Moreover, drinking water will help you think clearer and be more positive.
3. Lose weight. People who try to lose weight should drink more water because sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty. This means that staying hydrated will serve you as an appetite suppressant and will help you lose weight.
4. If you don’t drink water, you will die. When it comes to our environment, we can only survive several days without water, while we can live longer without food. This means that people should prioritize the consumption of water.
5. Keeps your skin looking good. Due to the fact that our skin contains a large amount of water, when you are dehydrated, your skin will become dry and wrinkled. In order to prevent that, you should drink enough water.
6. Treats chronic diseases. A lot of evidences show that the consummation of water can prevent numerous chronic diseases like blood clots, coronary heart disease, urinary tract infections, cerebral infarction and many more.
7. Flush out waste and bacteria. Water is essential for our digestive system in order to function properly. Waste is flushed out in the form of urine and sweat which means that if we don’t drink a lot of water, we won’t be able to flush toxins. As a result, it will cause numerous health problems.
8. Prevent headaches. Dehydration is the major reason for headaches, so in order to prevent that and stay fresh, drink as much as water as you can.
9. Improves short term memory. According to many experts, moderate to mild levels of dehydration can impair performance on tasks that require the use of short term memory.
Be less cranky. In order to achieve this, researches believe that you should drink more water since it will help you think clearer and you’ll be happier.
Quick rules of thumb for drinking water:
- If you need a reminder to drink water, carry a bottle of water with you everywhere. Since fruits and veggies are dense in water, eat as much as you can.
- Drink water and other fluids until you urinate frequently and with light color.
- Drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water (if you weight 160lbs, drink 80oz of water each day).