Dark circles are extremely annoying since they add more years to a person’s perceived age. Luckily, some doctors managed to discover the most effective solution against this problem.
Before this groundbreaking discovery, people tend to use highly invasive surgical procedures in order to get rid of dark circles under their eyes. However, there are some natural ways in which you can solve this problem.
It should be mentioned that the major cause for dark circles under the eyes is genetics. Another important factor is age, because as we grow old, our skin loses its collagen and this. As a result, veins show through more prominently. This process is accelerated even more by sunbathing since it breaks down collagen.
Ranella Hirsch, a dermatologist in Boston claims that seasonal allergies are also an important factor and she says: “They trigger the release of histamines in the body, which in turn inflame blood vessels and cause swelling.”
You can see whether the dark circles under your eyes are due to genetics or due to aging if you gently stretch the skin under your eyes and the area becomes darker. On the other hand, if the color remains the same, then the cause are UV rays and allergies.
In this article we will show you some ways in which you can get rid of these bags under your eyes.
- Almond Oil
In order to get rid of dark circles under your eyes, you should use almond oil on a daily basis, but make sure to use vitamin E as well.
Cucumbers are also an excellent solution because they have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties which can fix those raccoon eyes, but they also have soothing and refreshing effect.
- Lemon Juice
Lemons contain vitamin C which has skin-lightening properties and it is the best solution against dark circles.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has moisturizing properties which will make your skin smooth thus preventing wrinkles and dark circles under your eyes.
- Tea Bags
Tea bags have the ability to shrink the blood vessels and reduce fluid retention due to their caffeine and antioxidant content. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and discoloration.
Turmeric will also help you minimize dark circles due to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Get adequate sleep and rest.
- Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Do not rub your eyes too often since it dilates the blood vessels which results in the appearance of dark circles.
- Water retention can trigger dark circles so make sure to drink a lot of water during the day.
- Before going to sleep, make sure to add 2 or more pillows under your head in order to avoid the appearance of eye bags by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids.
- Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking since they damage skin cells, while caffeine leads to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes.
As you can see, all of the abovementioned remedies are effective so don’t hesitate and try them. The results will amaze you for sure.