Very often, the clothes may get a strange odor after washing. This unpleasant smell is basically result of the black stains which appear between the rubber rings or in the washing powder compartment. This shouldn’t be taken for granted, as these black stains are fungus which is associated with many different diseases in people.
Mold usually thrives in places with high heat and humidity, which means that the bathroom is an ideal place for growth of fungal spores. These spores tend to spread through air very easily and nest on various surfaces.
Read on to find out how to get of fungus in your washing machine easily!
- 25 g salt of lemon or potassium hydrogen oxalate
- Some liquid cleaning detergent ( preferably containing chlorine)
- A sponge
- First and foremost, you need to wipe the inside of your washing machine with some tissues. Removing the accumulated dirt is the first step towards fighting fungus.
- Apply the cleaning detergent over the surface on the rubber ring. Make sure you distribute it evenly.
- Then, close the door of the machine and leave it for several hours.
- Set the machine on “rinse” program and turn it on.
- Finally, put some salt of lemon in the detergent compartment, set the machine on the highest temperature, and turn it on.
This trick will clean the machine thoroughly, leavening it like brand new. Repeat the procedure in a month, if necessary. Interestingly, this simple procedure will help you extend the life of your washing machine as well. It sounds amazing, doesn’t it?
Note: Always leave the door of the washing machine open after a wash cycle, as it prevents mold and bacteria proliferation.
Source : www.healthyfoodteam.com