Maca powder has been around for centuries and considered by the Incas as a superfood. As one of the legends goes, Incan warriors consumed maca powder prior to battle. It helped increase their fighting spirit, strength, stamina and libido. Maca powder was valued so highly by the Incas, it was used as a form of payment. Maca powder has definitely become popular among athletes as it offers a plethora of nutrients.
The most prominent product made from Maca is the Maca Powder. Maca powder is comprised of approximately 18% protein, 76.5% carbohydrates, 5% fat, and 8.5% fiber. It provides a powerful source of nutrition because it is rich in dietary minerals calcium and potassium, contains essential trace elements like iron, iodine, copper, manganese, zinc, as well as well as fatty acids including linolenic acid, palmitic acid, and oleic acids, and 19 amino acids. Maca Powder also contains vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF MACA POWDER!
- Maca powder improves fertility. Laboratory studies on rats have found that after being fed with maca, female rats increased egg follicle development and males increased their sperm count. It is also a well-known fact that in Peru, maca is given to livestock to improve fertility and provide more strength.
- Maca powder boosts the energy levels due to the two groups of unique compounds called macamides and macaenes. Maca powder also helps fight fatigue because it is rich in manganese and iron.
- Maca powder helps balance the hormones in your body by supporting the body to produce its own hormones. Additionally, Maca powder helps easing PMS symptoms.
- Maca powder increases stamina and improves mood because it possesses adaptogenic qualities which produce an adaptive response to stress. This happens due to the unique alkaloids and high amounts of minerals and vitamins it contains.
- Maca powder increases libido in both men and women. Numerous studies have shown that maca powder boosts your sex drive.
We recommend you to consume between 2-3 tablespoons of Maca Powder daily.