Mom Warns Parents When Her Son Is Rushed To ICU After Sitting In Grocery Cart
Grocery shopping is a task that we all have to do, whether we like it or not. Though there is the option to do a grocery shop online, it means we have to wait in the next day for it to be delivered, and if you live in a rural area, some stores may not even deliver to your home.
One of the things most people don’t think about when they go to the store and grab that shopping cart is how many other people have used it before them, and how many germs are on there.
When mom, Vivienne Wardrop, took her 10 month old son Logan with her to the grocery store she popped him into the front of the cart without even thinking. I mean, I did that with my kids too, I never thought about the germs, I just assumed they would be okay, and if they weren’t in the cart, I’d have to push a buggy and a cart which is pretty much impossible.
What the mom didn’t realize was that when she left the store, in addition to her groc
eries, she also took home something else, that could potentially kill her baby boy.
Vivienne wrote a post on Facebook the day after her shopping trip, telling her friends that Logan woke up sick. She was insanely worried as he was very poorly so she took him to the hospital.
What doctors told her left her in tears.
Doctors told Vivienne that her son had contracted adenovirus, rotavirus, salmonella poisoning, and meningitis from the grocery cart. The mom was devastated, shocked and couldn’t believe she had put her son at risk.
“We were scared we were going to lose [him]. It didn’t seem like [the doctors] were able to get him under control because they didn’t know what was wrong with him,” Wardrop told Daily Mail Australia. Logan was in a critical condition and spent eight days in intensive care.
Logan will thankfully recover, as the virus was quickly spotted, but his mom said he will need at least two weeks recovery time.
We are delighted that Logan will be okay, but we are horrified that he contracted this virus from a grocery cart. Maybe mom’s will think twice after reading this story.