Nowadays, treating cancer is a big business from which many people benefit a lot, and this is the main reason why the real cure is not yet discovered. As you all know, the most commonly used treatments for cancer are radiation and chemotherapy, but unfortunately, it has been found that they actually promote cancer.
Even though some people manage to survive cancer, both radiation and chemotherapy cause irreparable damage to people’s organism. Moreover, they also start off new, second cancers.
The second cancers are actually triggered by the same imbalances or agents which led to the development of the first one.
“Friendly fire”, as the doctors refer to it, is actually the treatment for one cancer leading to the initiating of the second cancer. It is a shocking fact how to doctors neglect to inform the patients about the possibility that the treatment can also cause second cancer.
American Cancer Society even admits that these conventional treatments are carcinogenic and can increase the risk for second cancer. Nevertheless, the oncologists decide not to inform the patients about the risk, which is why the public is still kept in the dark.
CHEMOTHERAPY AND SECOND CANCERS
Chemotherapy causes damage to the DNA of cancer cells and it divides them very fast. Unfortunately, this treatment not only kills the affected cells, but it also damages the healthy ones. It depends on the dose as well as on the duration of the treatment whether the second cancer will occur or not.
The two most common cancers associated with chemotherapy drugs are AML (acute lymphocytic leukemia) and MDS (myelodysplastic syndrome).
RADIATION AND SECOND CANCERS
We all know that radiation is very harmful for our organism, and it has many sources of radiation today, like the atomic bombs blasts in Japan, cell phones, microwaves, etc. radiation works similarly to chemotherapy, which means that it kills the cancer cells, but It harms the healthy ones as well.
Due to this type of therapy, tumors occur in our bones, lungs, stomach. Moreover, some other diseases are also linked to this therapy, such as AML (acute myelogenous leukemia), CML (chronic myelogenous leukemia) and ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia).
THE LINKS BETWEEN CHEMOTHERAPY AND RADIATION TO SECOND CANCERS ARE KNOWN AND VAST
- Testicular cancer is also a result of chemotherapy.
- Bladder cancer often appears due to chemotherapy used to treat breast cancer or lymphomas.
- Leukemia can be caused within 2-3 years due to the usage of medications like topoisomerase II inhibitors like Mitoantrone, Teniposide, and Etoposide, and they are used to prevent cells from being able to repair DNA.
- Alkylating chemotherapy agents like cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil, melahalan, and mechlorethamine, interfere with cell`s DNA may cause MDS and AML
- Carboplatin and cisplatin are non-alkylating chemotherapy agents which attack cancer cells and increase the risk for leukemia. The risk depends on the dose and whether radiation is given along the way or not.
- Radiation used to treat prostate may lead to carcinomas
- Conventional treatments for cancer are linked with a higher risk for subsequent neoplasms for childhood cancer survivors
- Due to chemo and radiation, stem cell transplant raise the risk of second cancers and suppression of the immune system.
- Radiation used to treat breast cancer increases the risk for lung cancer
- During organ transplantation, people need to take medications like nitrogen mustard, cyclophosphamide, and chlorambucil, but sadly, it has been found that they develop second cancers.
- Melanoma is usually treated with drugs like Tafinlar and Zelboraf, which are linked with higher risk of squamous cell carcinomas of the skin