Body hair can be beautiful and should be celebrated. (Some very fabulous women even go as far as to dye their underarm hair, reports the New York Times.) But sometimes, you may find body hair irritating and want it removed.
Instead of suffering through the nicks and rashes of a razor or the excruciating pain of a traditional wax, try these safe, all-natural ways to remove unwanted body hair.
1. Sugar and lemon. This classic facial hair-removal method actually works! recommends mixing 2 tablespoons sugar in 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 10 tablespoons water. Apply the home remedy in the direction of hair growth. Rest for 15- 20 minutes and then wash off with water, rubbing gently. Repeat 2- 3 times a week for best results.
2. Lentils and potatoes. It sounds more like a soup recipe, but in fact, lentils and potatoes are some of the best ingredients for hair removal.Positive Health Wellness says to start by soaking yellow lentils in a bowl overnight. The next morning, put the lentils in a food processor to turn them into a thick paste. Add a potato, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the food processor and blend. Apply the home remedy to the unwanted body hair and relax for 30 minutes before rinsing with water.
3. Banana and oatmeal. Massage a mixture made from 1 mashed banana and 1-2 teaspoons oatmeal into unwanted hair for 15- 20 minutes. This process exfoliates the skin and makes it soft and supple. Repeating twice weekly can be an effective method of removing body hair,
4. Basil and onion. This seemingly odd combination is surprisingly useful in nourishing the skin and removing body hair. Home Remedies suggests beginning by removing the translucent membranes between the onion layers. Next, crush the basil leaves and onion membranes, creating a paste. Apply the home remedy to unwanted hair. After 15- 25 minutes, rinse the skin with water. Repeat 3- 4 times weekly for 1 month to completely remove hair.
5. Turmeric and rose water. This nourishing combination of ingredients is anti-inflammatory and soothing, as well as an effective hair remover. Mix turmeric powder with rose water to make a fine paste. Apply to unwanted hair and let the solution dry for 15- 30 minutes. Wash with warm water and pat dry. This method of hair removal works best on finer hair. For thicker hair, add yogurt and oats to the home remedy, according to Home Remedies for Life.
6. Papaya. This tropical fruit contains an enzyme that restricts hair growth and breaks down hair follicles. Home Remedies recommend a home remedy made by mixing 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder with 1-2 tablespoons papaya pulp. Massage the home remedy into the hair for 15- 20 minute and then rinse with water. For best results, repeat 1- 2 times weekly.
What’s YOU secret to removing unwanted body hair? Tell us when youSHARE this article on social media!