We all have leftovers from the food we prepare and we tend to eat them the next day, but there are some dishes that should not be eaten since they can give you a shock.

Even though we hate the fact that the leftovers can’t taste as good as they did when they were freshly prepared, we still love the fact that it only takes several minutes in the microwave to prepare it and to eat it again.

the-3-kinds-of-leftovers-that-you-should-never-eat-again

Since nowadays modern cooking includes the microwave, you should know that while you are preparing dinner, food poisoning is also on the menu.

The Food Standards Agency claims that the secret to making sure you eat safe is in the 4 Cs which are: cooking, cleaning, chilling and cross-contamination. Moreover, they also state the it is extremely important to cook the food thoroughly, especially when it comes to meat, in order to kill all harmful bacteria present in it.

When you reheat your food, and you should not repeat that more than once, you should make sure it is steaming hot all the way through.

In order to avoid food poisoning, make sure to avoid reheating the following  foods:

VEGETABLE OIL

Never reheat meals made with vegetable oil since it may put you at risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease. Polyunsaturated oils contain soybean, canola, corn and linoleic acid which should not be reheated since it can release a toxic compound that can lead to numerous serious health conditions.

This compound is actually a fatty acid-derived  toxin which is known as 4-hydroxy-trans-2-nonenal (HNE). According to many studies, the consumption of HNE can cause many dangerous health conditions such as: cancer, liver ailments, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Alzheimer’s, stroke and cardiovascular diseases.

Jeannie Moloo, an American Dietetic Association spokeswoman claims that heating vegetable oils too much or reheating them more than once can release HNE.

“If a person is concerned about the health aspects of HNE, then my recommendations would be to never heat any oil to the point of smoking and, as far as cooking at home goes, just use the oil one time,” she said.

VEGETABLES

People are wrong when they think that reheating leafy greens makes them poisonous. What makes them dangerous for our organism is in fact the way they are stored.

The Center for Food Safety suggests that leftovers should be stored in areas where the temperature is below 4 degrees Celsius. Moreover, they also advice you to store your leftovers in the freezer if you are planning on storing them for longer than 12 hours.

The reason why you should freeze vegetables is because many of them contain high amounts of compound called nitrate. It should be mentioned that nitrate itself is not harmful, but when the vegetables are left out at a room temperature, bacterial action causes the accumulation of nitrite, which is a metabolite of nitrate.

Another important thing you should know is that you should avoid giving reheated vegetables to your children since nitrite consumption is harmful for infants and young children and it causes a blood disorder called methemoglobinemia. Seizures, fatigue, shortness of breath, and headaches are the most common symptoms of this disorder.

RICE

The key problem with eating leftover rice is the way it is stored. The Food Standards Agency states  that uncooked rice contains spores of harmful bacteria that manage to survive through the initial cooking process and if the leftovers are not kept at an appropriate temperature, they will multiply and spread. As a result, you will have digestion problems like diarrhea and vomiting.

If you thought that reheating the rice will help, it’s not true since these spores are able to survive even boiling hot temperatures. The best solution for you is to eat all the rice after it’s cooked. On the other hand, if you do have some leftovers, you should put them in your fridge or your freezer immediately after you are finished with it. make sure it doesn’t stay on a room temperature more than an hour because the longer it stays, the more dangerous spores will spread.

 

source:fhfn.org

http://www.healthandhealthytips.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/3s.jpghttp://www.healthandhealthytips.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/3s-150x150.jpgadminhealthynaturalremedy
We all have leftovers from the food we prepare and we tend to eat them the next day, but there are some dishes that should not be eaten since they can give you a shock. Even though we hate the fact that the leftovers can’t taste as good as they...