Accoring to many studies, thyme essential oil has the ability to destroy stomach aches, diarrhea, arthritis, flu virus, sore throat and many other ailments due to its active compound thymol which has antiseptic properties.
Moreover, a recent study has discovered that this oil can also reduce pain, which is why many traditional medicines have used thyme as well as other essential oils to alleviate pain.
Study finds Thyme Oil beats out Ibuprofen for pain relief
According to some researchers from Iran`s Babol University of Medical Sciences, besides being able to reduce pain, thyme oil can also alleviate menstrual cramps even more effectively than ibuprofen.
The study was conducted on 84 women university students between the ages of 15 and 24 with difficulties during menstruation. They were all suffering from dysmenorrhea which causes painful cramping, dizziness, nausea, back pain and headache. The researchers also claimed that painful menses is more common in younger women within their first years of the beginning of menses.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS OF THYME OIL
Antiseptic: due to its antiseptic properties which are contained in Caryophyllene and Camphene present in this oil, it has the ability to protect sores and wounds from infections.
Tonic: It tones up the heart, digestive system, nervous system, circulatory system, muscles, and the skin.
Hypertensive: People suffering from low blood pressure will benefit from this oil since they have higher risk of feeling sluggish and falling unconscious. Well, thyme essential oil balances their blood pressure by raising it naturally.
Antirheumatic: This oil can also prevent rheymatism, arthritis and gout since it prevents the accumulation of uric acid in the blood. Moreover, it acts as a diuretic which is why it faciliates the elimination of toxic matter.
- As we previously mentioned, it acts as a diuretic which is why it is extremely beneficial in the treatment of infections of the bladder and the urinary tract.
- Used for vaginitis and candida
- It is found in natural hand sanitizers
- Diluted oil or crushed thyme can be used as first aid on insect stings and bites
- Used to kill off nail fungus
- Used to kill off parasites
- Used as insect repellent
- Its active compound thymol has the abilty to faciliate healing by increasing blood flow to the skin.
- Thymol protects the healthy fats in cell membranes
- Stir in thyme with lavender, cedarwood, and rosemary in a mixture of grapeseed and jojoba oils to treat alopecia areata
- Hot compresses along with thyme essential oil can relieve muscle pain, sprains, rheumatic pain, sciatica and gout.
- You can also use an application of thyme oil to cure athlete’s foot, animal bites and boils.
- Use 1% solution as antibacterial wash for produce
- Massage thyme essential oil to stimulate menstruation or missing periods
- Thyme oil is extremely beneficial in the treatment of warts and acne, as well as for face wash and as a hair tonic.
- The consumption of this oil on a regular basis will help you increase the amount of DHA in heart, kidney and brain cell membranes.
- It blends well with lemon, lavender, pine, bergamot, and grapefruit