These 7 Causes Are The Reason For The Itching And Burning In The Intimate Area And Here Are The 4 Most Incredible Remedies To Eliminate The Problems Forever!
Women of all ages suffer from itching in the intimate area from time to time. Itching, burning or irritation in an area as sensitive as the vagina and vulva can be very uncomfortable.
Some of the common causes of itching, burning and irritation in and around the vaginal area are:
- Intimate Hygiene Chemicals
- Bacterial or fungal infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Hormonal problems, usually produced by menopause
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Lichen sclerosus vulvar
Vaginal pinworm infections can also cause vaginal itching. However, this type of infection is common in children. Excessive stress and a weak immune system can increase your chance of getting this uncomfortable problem.
In addition to itching and burning in the intimate area, there can be redness and swelling in and around the vagina and vulva. Vaginal discharge and odor may also be present. Often, women also have discomfort when urinating or coitus.
To stop vaginal itching, you need to maintain proper hygiene as well as follow a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet. In addition, we leave you some simple home remedies for temporary relief of symptoms. However, for proper diagnosis and treatment, consult your doctor.
REMEDIES TO ELIMINATE THE ITCHING AND BURNING IN THE INTIMATE AREA
Indian lilac, also known as neem, is a good remedy if you suffer from vaginal itching due to a yeast infection. Its antiseptic properties help fight infection and reduce itching and other discomfort.
To prepare this infusion follow the following indications:
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in 2 to 3 cups of filtered water.
- Strain and allow to cool. Use this solution to rinse the area of the vagina once a day for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of neem oil to a bowl of warm water and use it as a rinse for your vagina.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day for a couple of weeks.
- You can also take neem tea a few times a day or take neem capsules after consulting a doctor.
Sugar-free yogurt with active cultures is another good remedy to stop the itching and burning in and around your vagina. Active cultures can control the spread of infection in the body. It also helps to kill yeast and bad bacteria in the vagina and promote the growth of good bacteria.
Eat a few cups of unsweetened natural yogurt every day.
Garlic contains antibacterial and antibiotic properties that can help eliminate bacteria and yeast. It also improves the immune system and helps fight infections in the body.
How to use garlic:
- Dilute a few drops of garlic oil with 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and apply it on the affected area. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Use this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
- Chew 3 cloves of raw garlic a day. Alternatively, you can take garlic supplements after consulting a doctor.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good remedy to treat vaginal itching due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also helps restore the natural balance of the pH of the vagina.
How to use it:
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of purified warm water. Use this solution to wash your vagina twice a day for a few days.
- In addition, add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of pure honey into a glass of warm water and drink twice a day.
- Keep the vaginal area dry as much as possible. Moisture around the vagina can make the condition worse.
- Maintain good hygiene to prevent vaginal itching. After going to the bathroom, always clean from front to back.
- Wear only cotton underwear and change it twice a day. If possible, sleep without underwear until the itching has subsided.
- Avoid bubble baths, scented hygienic towels and other chemical irritants.
- Do not use vaginal showers or use strong soaps to wash the vagina. Also, resist the temptation to scratch the area with itching.
- Avoid sexual intercourse until the itching has stopped.
- After exercising or swimming, take a shower immediately.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C to boost the immune system. This will reduce infections in the body.
- Avoid consuming sugar when you suffer from chronic vaginal itching caused by a yeast infection.