This Is What Apple Cider Vinegar Does For A Sinus Infection!
Bacterial infections are the major cause for sinusitis, which is an inflammation of the tissues that line the cavities. As a result of bacterial infections, the sinuses get blocked with fluid on which the bacteria grows and brings nasal congestion and pain. People who suffer from sinusitis usually feel pressure around the face, nose and eyes. There are also some other symptoms like headaches, nasal congestion, thick yellow discharge from the nose and sometimes even fever or cough.
People most commonly reach for convetional medicines in order to treat sinusitis, but sadly most of them don’t act properly and they cause side-effects. In order to treat sinusitis effectively, you should use certain home remedies in which ACV is the main ingredient.
How Apple Cider Vinegar helps to Treat Sinus Infection:
ACV has the ability to heal sinus infection due to the following natural properties:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar is a rich source of many vitamins like vitamin E, A, B1, B2, calcium and magnesium. All of this help to clean up the sinus cavities and treat the symptoms of this infection.
2. Mucus creates congestion in the nasal cavity and the best soltuion to treat it is ACV since it thins out the mucus. Moreover, it also has the ability to break up the mucus and clear the airways due to its high pH level.
3. ACV prevents the infection to become more severe due to its acidic content that checks the bacteria growing further.
4. ACV is full of antifungal and antibacterial properties which is why it can kill the bacteria that causes the infection in the sinus cavities. Moreover, it prevent the reoccurance of the infection as well.
This is how you can make a great remedy for sinus infection in which the main ingredient is apple cider vinegar:
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon wedge
- Take a pot and mix well both the apple cider vinegar and the lemon juice.
- After that, simmer the solution in a low heat for several seconds.
- Next, add the powdered ginger, honey and cayenne pepper and stir all the ingredients well .
- In the end, store this mixture in a jar and keep in a dark cool place.
- You should take 1-2 tablespoons of this mixture whenever you get affected by sinus infection.
Make sure to consult your doctor first before using this natural recipe if you are pregnant, breast feeding or under certain medications.