Warning: Never Go To Bed Wearing THIS On Your Wrist Or You Could End Up In A Hospital For Surgery

Share Button

A woman from Kentucky wore a hair tie around her wrist which caused her a potentially deadly infection.


The WLKY reported that Audree Kopp, the women who wore a hair tie around her wrist, noticed a growing bump on her wrist. She did not pay much attenton to the bump a first, but when she noticed that the bump started growing, she went to the emergency room.

Audree told WLKY that the bump kept getting bigger, redder and worse.

When she consulted her doctor, he gave her some antibiotics which eventually didn’t helped her so she went to the emergency room where the doctors told her she needed surgery.

According to Dr. Amit Gupta of Norton Healthcare, the bacteria from her hair tie most likely got under her skin through her pores and hair follicles, causing the nasty infection.

It could have been a whole different ball game,” said Kopp. “Once it gets into your bloodstream, people have been known to go into a coma, your body shuts down. It could have been worse.”

Audree wrote on Facebook about her case and she showed the bump as it continued to grow. She wrote:

I want to inform everyone to make sure no one else has to go through this,” Kopp wrote in one post. “The GLITTER tie is the one that caused the issue.” 

She is hopeful that people will share this story and that every girl will see it and stop wearing hair-ties on their wrists.

Doctors advice to wash the bands after wearing them on our hair and not to leave them on our wrist for a longer period of time.

Share Button