You Are Not Aware But You May Have Impaired Fasting! Do This Home Test With Your Fingers!
What is impaired fasting?
Impaired fasting is actually a sign that there is present high level of sugar in your blood, higher than the normal range but, it is not yet in diabetic level. Impaired fasting comes from the fact that many people with this condition are on the way of becoming diabetic.
What should you do to not allow the impaired fasting to turn into diabetes?
If you are diagnosed with impaired fasting it means that the situation is alarming but it does not always means that this condition will surely turn into diabetes. In order to restore your health, you need to make changes in diet and the overall lifestyle. This is one opportunity to change some habits that will reduce the progression of diabetes or even prevent its occurrence.
The physical activity is very important
In your daily routine repeatedly insert new exercises. Use the stairs more than the elevator and do stretching exercises while watching television. In every way try to be more active. The physical activity is an essential part of the treatment plan against the impaired fasting because it will reduce the level of blood glucose and fats in the body. Take half an hour of your time a day and exercise combined cardio 3-5 days a week.
Reduce your weight
People who are diagnosed with impaired fasting and do exercises for at least half an hour during the day lose 5 to 7% of their body weight and thereby they reducing the chances of developing diabetes by 58%.
- Consume foods that are rich in dietary fiber.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially spinach, broccoli, green beans and carrots.
- Instead of white eat brown rice.
Avoid high- calorie foods. Consume dairy products with low fat and avoid heavy and calorie dressings for salads. Reduce the chips and the desserts to a minimum or replace them wholegrain snacks stuffed with a little peanut butter or low fat cheese.
Lack of sleep hinders the process of losing weight. Also, if you do not have enough sleep, your body can not effectively use insulin and this condition increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Try to follow and stick to these previous rules. Changing lifestyles and devoting to your health in the end can eventually play the key role in preventing diabetes.
Symptoms that might indicate that you should be careful:
- Increased urination
- Increased thirst
- Increased hunger
- Weight loss
- Wounds that heal slowly
In addition we will present a very convenient and simple test that you can do at home. The test will help you to find out if you are at risk of developing diabetes. This is especially important if we take into account the fact that millions of people worldwide suffer from diabetes.
Instructions for alternative diagnosis of impaired fasting
- Squeeze the palms in a fist
- If you are man lift a finger, and if you are a woman do not raise even one.
- If you are over 60, lift 3 finger, if you are over 50 and less than 40 lift 1 finger.
- Lift one finger if you think that you are not physically active enough and do not lift if you have regular active life.
- Lift one finger if someone in your family has diabetes, and none if that is not present.
- Lift one finger if you have high blood pressure and neither one if you have normal.
- Lift 3 fingers if you are seriously overweight and 2 fingers if you are just overweighed, 1 finger if you have slightly excess weight and none if you have healthy body weight.
If on the end of the test you have raised 5 or more fingers, then there is a chance that you have impaired fasting glucose. If you have the previously mentioned symptoms, immediately go to doctor and do all the necessary laboratory tests. Although this test with your fingers in not 100% accurate, most experts believe that it is a good way to assess the risk of diabetes.