Many people across the globe suffer from teeth grinding problems. Teeth grinding is also known as bruxism. Bruxism is a dental disorder that occurs when a person grinds or clenches teeth unwantedly while sleeping that causes facial pain and headaches. There are many things you should know about teeth grinding as avoiding it can cause several serious health complications. In this article, we have mentioned important information related to bruxism that helps you understand why getting a Bruxism Treatment is important.
Why do people grind their teeth?
We have found from studies that teeth grinding is caused by excessive stress and anxiety disorder in a person’s body. Teeth grinding occurs during sleep that affects the overall bite and can cause missing teeth or crooked teeth dental irregularities.
What is the main reason for teeth grinding?
Teeth grinding can be caused due to constant stress and anxiety, lack of concentration, and consumption of drugs. That requires treatment such as bite splints that are wearable at night for repairing tooth damage and work as stress boosters.
How do I know if I grind my teeth?
Here are some symptoms that show you are suffering from teeth grinding that requires a mouth guard for teeth grinding:
- Pain in the jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity to hot or cold beverages
- Facial pain.
- Flattened teeth, chipped teeth, and teeth that have worn down.
- Problem sleeping.
- Rigid shoulders.
How to prevent teeth grinding?
For preventing teeth grinding here are some things you can do that will be a help for you:
- The first thing you should do is to buy a nighttime Mouth Guard. A mouth can help in the prevention of constant grinding that can damage tooth enamel on your teeth that cause cavities.
- Start exercising as exercising regularly can help you reduce stress and anxiety.
- Always try to get relaxed before going to bed by taking a hot shower or applying a heating pad to your jaw
- Try to massage your Jaw Muscles for relaxation
- Start observing and stop right away, some people grind during day because of tension and anxiety and are not able to recognize but you should start observing such activities instantly for avoiding them right away
- Stop chewing candies, tobacco, fruit, and others except for food
Why are teeth grinding harmful?
We have found from studies that severe teeth grinding can cause fractured teeth, gaps in teeth, and tooth loss. Constant teeth grinding can wear your teeth down that require immediate consultation with your affordable dental clinic. Missing teeth, crooked teeth, and tooth loss required cosmetic procedures such as dental bridges, dental crowns, dental implants, dentures, and root canal treatment. Teeth grinding can damage teeth and affect your jaw causing TMJ disorder. It is best to visit a dentist for initial signs of teeth grinding to avoid such issues.
We hope you liked this article and now you know much more about teeth grinding and its prevention. If you are someone looking for DDS near me then you can visit our website as we have dental experts that will help you in knowing and treating several dental irregularities.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Health And Healthy Tips is Free health blog, If you wish to be part of this blog and want to conribute contents which are interesting for our readers, please contact us.